forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ClearWin+ from MSVC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: ClearWin+ from MSVC Reply with quote

I thought I saw a page on this site or in the documentation on using ClearWin+ with other compilers but I can't seem to find it now.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ to compile the C++ aspect of our project which has ClearWin+ references and is then being linked with our 64 bit Fortran code.

Thanks in advance

Ryan
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan

ClearWin+ is available as a 64 bit DLL but we have only published information on how to use it, first with third-party Fortran compilers and then recently with FTN95.

You could use it with 64 bit Microsoft C++ but you may need some basic information on how to get started.
Ryan

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I found the link ( http://www.silverfrost.com/57/using_clearwin_with_non-silverfrost_c_compilers.aspx ) on how to use ClearWin+ with MSVC. I have it working with plain old MSVC 32 bit now.

I was wondering which version to use as that download seems a few years old but the 8.10 version is not MSVC friendly.

By the looks of it I'll have to update the ClearWin+.h include file shipped with 8.10 and use that. Other than that, it should not be too onerous.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan

Yes. That's right. Once you have got winio to connect correctly you just need to remember that HWND, LPARAM, WPARAM and LRESULT are 64 bit values.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: