forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphics Failure with Windows 7 Professional

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dfwlms

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject: Graphics Failure with Windows 7 Professional Reply with quote

The latest version of my conceptual design and analysis program for rockets and their missions fails to display portions of the GUI on a user's computer with a 64-bit Windows 7 Professional operating system. Earlier versions of the program execute properly on his machine. It appears that commands such as "draw_filled_rectangle@(...)" and "draw_line_between@(...)", etc., are not now being executed with the latest program version.

There are no substantive changes in the graphics commands between the latest program version and earlier program versions, which produced no problems for the user (he's in another country).

I develop the program on a 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium computer, and the program is checked out on this computer and on a 32-bit Windows XP computer and a 64-bit Windows 10 computer. I don't have access to a 64-bit Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL computer, so I can't verify the user's problem.

If anyone has a 64-bit Windows 7 Professional computer, I would much appreciate it if you could download the ZOOM program (version 1612) from the following web page:

http://trajectorysolution.com/ZOOM%20Program.html

If you download and run the program, and if you have the same problem as the ZOOM user, drawings of the rocket will not be present, among other things. If everything appears OK, then there is something unique about the user's computer (I can't imagine what).

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you review C:\Program Files (x86)\Silverfrost\ftn95\doc\cwplus.enh
Code:
345)   The default %gr colour mode has been changed from VGA to RGB. To use the old VGA colours, call set_rgb_colours_default@(0) or call the function use_rgb_colours@(handle,0) for a given %gr handle. The option %gr[rgb_colours] now becomes the default whilst the new option %gr[vga_colours] restores old. This change applies for clearwin_version@() >= 7001000.

Old executables that use VGA colours can use the new DLL without being rebuilt but, when they are rebuilt, the code must be changed to accommodate the change before using the new DLL.

I anticipate this may relate to your problem. This occurred at about Ver 7.00.
The solutions are to either select VGA colours ( at %gr) or use RGB colour values.
I would recommend moving to RGB colours, but you may find that VGA colours suit your requirements,

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: