forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Native %pl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aebolzan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

PaulLaidler wrote:

With two %pl controls the %pv does not work. We need to take the %pv out of that sample program. It is not a fault in the code but a limitation of %pv that it only works for one resizable control.

OK, no problem, we can set the size of the window from the start and continue with the program

Quote:
a) I have added winop@ to the .ins and mod files that are included in the download. If you use these then it should be OK.

I am using the ins and mod files you provided and I still need to include this statement or I get:

"Compiling and linking file: PL-new.f95
WARNING the following symbols are missing:
WINOP# C:\Documentos\Trabajos\Azpeitia\Fortran\Testing\lgotemp@.obj
(C:\DOCUMENTOS\TRABAJOS\AZPEITIA\FORTRAN\TESTING\PL-NEW.F95)
Creating executable: C:\Documentos\Trabajos\Azpeitia\Fortran\Testing\PL-new.EXE
Compilation and linking completed.

Quote:

b) Yes, the number of ticks cannot be set by the user. Also the user does not have much control over the way that the numbers at the tick marks are presented. I think that this was also true in the original %pl.

Do you think that this issue could be changed in the future?

Agustin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agustin

Maybe a feature could be added that allows the user to specify the x increment between tick marks and also the y increment. It is difficult to know how far to take this. The x tick marks have to be spaced so that the corresponding numbers do not overlap. The y ticks marks are not a problem but for y numbers the y-axis has to be a suitable distance from the margin. Add to this the need for an optimal format for the numbers and it all becomes quite tricky.
aebolzan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the answer.....maybe sometimes I am missing the point that %pl is just a fast and simple way to plot 2D data without the need of a graphics subroutines package like the old Simpleplot. For what it was designed, I have to say that it works now great with your new implementations. The only thing that it would need is the availability of more symbols for scatter plots. But that's all for such a tool. Thanks again for your nice work.

Agustin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agustin

Here is my final version for now assuming that there are no outstanding bugs.
I have added alternatives to the box shape and also options [dx=fval] and [dy=fval]. These allow the user to set a preferred gap between the tick marks. ClearWin+ will use these preferences where possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw2yzllrpu61yo2/newDlls14.zip?dl=0
aebolzan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that %pl cannot be used to plot allocatable arrays?. I was struggling to move my program from using Simpleplot to the new %pl, but could not plot anything. In the end I come to the idea that the only possibility was that my data was in allocatable arrays that can change size along the run of the program. Is it so?

Agustin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agustin

If you use an ALLOCATABLE array with %pl then you will not be able to update it using DEALLOCATE and re-ALLOCATE.

The simplest way around this is copy the re-ALLOCATEd array to the array used to set up %pl. You can even change its size provided that you pass the number of data points (in %pl) as a variable and you make the %pl arrays large enough for every case.

It will get quite tricky if you want to vary the number of data points whilst drawing more than one curve on a pair of axes. The original and current design of %pl only allows for one value for the number of data points for each %pl.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'quite tricky' meaning impossible ?

Couldn't %pl be modified quite easily by changing it to have the option to give 2-D ARRAYS (not vectors as at present) for definition of both 'variable X-axis values and also Y-axis values ?
(currently the input of seperate 1-D vectors for Y values also being quite cumbersome once you get more than a few curves anyway).

Together with a vector of how many terms (points to plot) in each column, so that the correct number could be read , this would be a much more concise and clean way of specifying for those 'complicated' cases.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

Tricky is not "impossible" and might not even be "difficult" if you are aware that there is only one value for the number of data points on all graphs in one %pl.

I have done what I can for the moment. I have been constrained by the original design and I am satisfied with what has been achieved within that constraint.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a single specifiable number of plotted points for all graphs in one %pl means to me that it's impossible to plot a different number of points on different curves, which I think was what was being talked about.

I appreciate the restraints you have - maybe you could just add it to your wishlist and deal with it as time allows.
It would be a pity to rest for too long on the fine laurels you have already sown !
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to say that the design for the native %PL has changed again slightly so bear this in mind if you have started to use it in permanent code.

A new option [independent] has been added that provides for independent data for each graph. Also the use of arrays and two new functions that together allow the data to be changed after the window has been displayed.

If anyone is keen to try this out then I will upload a new set of DLLs.
aebolzan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Paul....you know that I am always ready for testing any new advance in the implementation of %pl.........

Agustin
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in too Paul.

This independent option sounds interesting.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a new set of DLLs etc.. The usual cautions apply.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk70o72p333h6uz/newDlls15.zip?dl=0
aebolzan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to run your example but I got:

WARNING the following symbols are missing:
CHANGE_GRAPH_STYLE# D:\Documentos\Trabajos\Azpeitia\Fortran\ASCII\version 1.52\lgotemp@.obj
(D:\DOCUMENTOS\TRABAJOS\AZPEITIA\FORTRAN\ASCII\VERSION 1.52\FREEFORMAT1.F95)
CHANGE_GRAPH_DATA# D:\Documentos\Trabajos\Azpeitia\Fortran\ASCII\version 1.52\lgotemp@.obj
(D:\DOCUMENTOS\TRABAJOS\AZPEITIA\FORTRAN\ASCII\VERSION 1.52\FREEFORMAT1.F95)
Creating executable: D:\Documentos\Trabajos\Azpeitia\Fortran\ASCII\version 1.52\FreeFormat1.EXE
Compilation and linking completed.

What am I missing?

Agustin
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agustin

You will need to use the new clearwin.ins or mod files included in the download.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: