forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks for a very flexible product!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wahorger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks for a very flexible product! Reply with quote

I want to say thanks for a very stable, highly adaptable, and overall well-manufactured software product, with great support from both the Company and the User base.

I was able to get my basic product up and running under Windows in a very short amount of time, thanks in no small part to the User Community. As part of that transition, the sloppiness buried into the product 33 years ago was eliminated, and a new rigor was imposed! All to the good!

With the well designed interface to "C/C++" and the simple I/O driver interface, I have been able to port PDF creation directly from the FORTRAN I/O (just like the old days to a line printer), and implement the graphics outputs for BMP and JPG files.

Also, the I/O driver is so flexible that I've also added dialog box creation capabilities (for message pop-ups) for displaying numeric data that would have been more difficult using winio@(). And, another driver application allows me to log data both to the ClearWin+ window (with colors for my users) as well as to a logging file using a single FORTRAN write. That is real flexibility!!

The User community here has also been awesome! I've gotten a lot of great ideas and solid advice for a lot of folks, and, hopefully, I've provided some to others. It really is a great Community!

Looking forward to a long, continuing relationship with you all!
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: