forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ClearWin+ debugging in Visual Studio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acw

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: ClearWin+ debugging in Visual Studio Reply with quote

I've had this problem with debugging for many years although it seems to be more repeatable now. I'm using Visual Studio to debug x86 ClearWin+ code and with anything other than the simplest of programs if there is a crash within the code, or if I set a breakpoint and then hit the stop button in the IDE to end the session, while the debug session stops the application is left activate, although in a zombie state. This means I have to restart Visual Studio to force the application to terminate to recompile.

I've always assumed it's a fact of life with Visual Studio (it doesn't appear to be a problem when using sdbg), particularly on a 64-bit OS but if anyone has a workaround I'd be interested to know about it (or maybe it's only me!).

Cheers,
Alan
mecej4

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use use the tasklist command to find the process ID and use that ID with taskkill. Or, you can use the GUI tool taskmgr to do the same.

Sometimes, it is helpful to attach a debugger to a process that is running but is suspected to be in a zombie state.
acw

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it was that easy Sad Unfortunately no variation of task manager, taskkill etc. will kill these things, whether as the original user or as admin. Shutting down VS and restarting seems to be the only way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: