forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor in Plato

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanLambley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Editor in Plato Reply with quote

Paul,
Regarding my comment that Visual Studio 2005 does not provide /64 support, I like to use Visual Studio because the editor seems to have features that Plato lacks. Three useful functions (to me) are:
1. Find should be able to search all files in the project (or all open files) rather than just the current one.
2. As above for replace.
3. Ctrl-F should update the find box even when it is open. At present, the word at the cursor is transferred to the find box when it is closed, but not if it is already open.
If Plato already does this, then to me it is not obvious! I hope this request will not be too onerous.
Ian
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian

I have made a note of your recommendations.

In Visual Studio you might find it helpful to add /64 to the project options under "Extra compiler options" (that's the name in Plato and I think that it is the same in Visual Studio).

In Plato "Find in files" (Ctrl+Shift+F) is roughly equivalent to "Find in project" if project files at kept in one folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: