forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silverfrost FTN95 Express gives run time error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
narayanamoorthy_k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95 Express gives run time error Reply with quote

Hello
I have developed fortran code in PLATO IDE and it runs smoothly. But When I recompile the same code in Silverfrost FTN95 Express, it compiles and generate exe file. But when I execute the exe file, it generates run time error and not running the executable at all.
The error is showing like this:
Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SaiBaba' threw an excepti
on. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary' threw an e
xception. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect forma
t. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary.__com_plus_initialise(Int32 hin)
at Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary.InitLibrary()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Salford.Fortran.RTLibrary.InitLibrary()
at SaiBaba..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SaiBaba.MAIN()

Is any configuration issues. I like to use SIlverfrost FTN95 Express visusal studio interface, for better coding and editing and it gives more visual editing features, which I don't get it in PLATO IDE. Any suggestion? Pls. advise.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Express download contains a different version of FTN95 than the current personal edition etc. so the two together on one machine might be problematical.
narayanamoorthy_k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

PaulLaidler wrote:
The Express download contains a different version of FTN95 than the current personal edition etc. so the two together on one machine might be problematical.

Hi Paul
I have the Silverfrost FTN95 Express Version 5.4.0.0 and the Plato IDE Version 4.7.0 version . Is both are problematical if they installed in one system. In that case which one is preferred?

I remember, I tried the same codes with Silverfrost FTN95 Express alone earlier, but the same run time error was showing up..

Not sure how to go about.. At this moment, I am only using Plato IDE, but want to switch to Silverfrost FTN95 Express to enable the visual studio supported developments. Pls. suggest. Thank you
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I would stick to one version or the other. You might need to uninstall both and reinstall one of them. Or do you have access to another machine so that you can have one on each?

You should be able to install both on to one machine provided that you install into different folders but then you would have to set the PATH environment variable according to which version you wish to use. Tricky really.
narayanamoorthy_k

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it.. Thats nice..
KL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems be an alternative: Visual Studio Community 2013 is a free Visual Studio version which allows the plug-in of FTN95, and which very likely makes FTN95 Express obsolete. May be that a new FTN95 version will even allow the plug-in to Visual Studio Community 2015.
KL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: