forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hyperlinking to executables

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Hyperlinking to executables Reply with quote

I'm attempting to create a graphics user interface for a CFD program written using Plato3, the interface runs using excel and some VB macros. Works great, but i'm having a problem with a hyperlink which runs the executable created by plato3. The hyperlink finds and opens the exe file just fine, only the program cannot find the text file from which it reads its input data. it has no trouble finding the input file if run from its folder though. Anyone kbow of this problem?

Cheers

Tom
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Hyperlinking to executables Reply with quote

Do you provide the full path of the input data file?
Chances are that the "current working directory" at run time is not the same as the directory containing the executable.
Incidentally there is probably a Salford Fortran routine to change the "current working directory" if you want to do it that way.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Hyperlinking to executables Reply with quote

The input data file, executable and the file containing the hyperlink are all in the same directory. I have not specified the full address of the input file for this reason. Nonetheless i will try that. Thanks for your Help

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: