forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plato IDE Toolbar issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
narayanamoorthy_k

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Plato IDE Toolbar issue Reply with quote

Hello Paul
I am using Plato IDE 4.7. This is relating to Viewing Standard Toolbar.

There is no issue when opening the project file for the first time. The project explorer and the f95 files and the standard toolbar are clearly seen.
But when I minimize the Plato IDE and restore it back, the complete screen is empty and the Standard toolbar showing nothing but occupies 25% space of the screen showing nothing. Bottom left window also shows nothing, but f95 code should have been displayed in editor.

Why this is so, I am forced to close the Plato IDE session and reopen the session for normal viewing and editing. Is there any issues with Plato IDE 4.7.0. Pls. clarify. Is there any other solutions or patches provided by Silverfrost?
wahorger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a documented issue with this.

What I do is two fold. First run your cursor around the area that contains the menu bar items. They will usually re-appear.

To make the program text windows show up again, on the Menu select Window->Cascade. This will cause your windows to all show up, albeit on top of each other.

To get the display to show normally again, you might also need to minimize and restore the Plato window.

This usually works for me (99+%)!
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,

Your approach fixes the problem of code tabs not being displayed correctly, but it doesn't fix the problem of "the Standard toolbar showing nothing but occupies 25% space of the screen". The only way I know to fix this is to close Plato then restart.

Fixing problems with code tabs and the menu line display can also be achieved by clicking the "Maxamise/Restore Down" button in the top right.

John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest release of Plato has a "View.RefreshPlato" command attached to Alt+R. I don't known if it will be effective in this context.
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

I have had the 4-level standard toolbar problem occur recently, but Alt+r did not fix it.
I also had multiple tabs get coloured out, with ALT+R fixing the displayed tab, but other tabs retained the coloured state ?? Unfortunately (?), it is not easy to reproduce these cases so I could be wrong !

Was it ALT+r or ALT+SHIFT+r ?

John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALT+r
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: