forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exceptions when opening files...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Exceptions when opening files... Reply with quote

I use Winteracter as a GUI coupled with FTN95. It has worked sweetly for years and I have built a number of apps with this set up. These run under Windows 7. The OS Ftn and Winteracter are kept up to date. Recently a problem has developed. When I run the apps in debug mode the code generates an exception when attempting to open a file or folder. This does not happen all the time....I can have months where the code behaves then, with no changes made by me these issues will suddenly arise. I have placed:

IgnoreException-1= 0X800706B5
IgnoreException-1= 0XE0000002

At the end of the sdbg.ini file. However, only the first line of these two works, the second line is ignored.

Has anyone come across this (infuriating!) problem and if so do they have a solution either to the exception itself or to the issue of ignoring the second of the two IgnoreException commands.....

The only correlation I can detect is that it often occurs after one of the (seemingly infinite number of) Windows updates. The first of the two is often (but not always) associated with ntdll.dll.....

George
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.I can have months where the code behaves then, with no changes made by me these issues will suddenly arise.

could it be a problem similar to this ... anti-virus !!!

http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=1883

_______________--

P.S.
As an aside, I sometimes dig into these (what for me are ) 'unintelligible' questions to try to learn about stuff (that I'm probably never likely to use !).
Anyway, on this point I searched and searched on silverfrost site for 'ErrorException-1' and nothing was thrown up. Then, by complete chance looked at this post, and presto ! here's why (2nd comment down in 1st linked post below) ...

http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=152&sid=a77157f721705cb884f7e9d4a179dcc9

Don't you just love computer program documentation Wink

P.P.S.
another discovery !!! maybe this game should be bundled with the FTN95 commercial release, to provide inspiration and soothing music for debugging meditation porpoises Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxffWLS_jyw

so many nooks and crannies for little bugs to hide in the great magnificent Silverfrost Mountain Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: