forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compilation options in Plato

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Compilation options in Plato Reply with quote

Paul,

Could it be possible to edit the 7 drop down options for compiling ? (left box in standard toolbar)
If not, then at least being able to find out what they are.
Lately, I have been using Release x64, which has made my testing of 64 bit coding much easier, as it is using one of the gFortran compilers I have installed. I think it is the one enabled by PATH=, but would like to confirm.
It would be very useful to be able to edit the compile options and possibly change the list.

I am finding this to be very useful. One problem I have is that when changing compiler, all .mod files have to be deleted, as gFortran can not overwrite .mod files from FTN95 or other versions of gFortran.

At times, I would like to include -v for gFortran or /version for FTN95, although I understand this might interfere with the linking errors to code line ( which works very well )

John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

1) I am not sure that it would be a good idea to allow the editing of the 7 drop-down options but I will add this to the wish-list and see what can be done.

2) You can see what the options do by looking at the results of a build in a file call BuildLog that you will find in the local folder.

3) In the "Tools" menu, look for "Command line options...". If the resulting dialog shows "FTN95" then you can insert additional command line options here. (If it is not there then this will appear in the next release of Plato).

4) You have full control of the options when you create a "Project". Also there is a facility called a "Project Shell" that is described in the help file. This allows you to set the options when not in "Project" mode.

5) You can create specific commands attached to accelerator keys via the Tools menu and "Commands". You can also configure build commands via "Tools" then "Options" then "Environment" and finally "Project Plug-ins".

6) For "Release x64", this is currently configured to gFortran and Plato finds this via the PATH environment variable. In future, by default this will be configured to FTN95 but you will already find an option to switch between the two compilers in the initial dialog via "Tools" and "Options". I plan to add an accelerator key so that the switch can be made more easily.

7) When using a Project, there are various sub-folders for the different build options (Release x64 etc.) so (with a Project) you do not need to rebuild when you change from one option to another. Also, with a Project, there is a place to put specific gFortran options like -v. Create a project, select "Release x64", then use the Project menu to select "Properties". This presents a box so that you can add your command line options for gFortran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: