forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VS2005 Package Load Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roger.J.Vieira

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: VS2005 Package Load Failure Reply with quote

I am running WinXP SP3 with VS2005 Standard Edition v8.0.50727 targeted at .NET v2.0.50727 (by default). Its a stable environment and I would like to keep it for a while longer.
Now I am trying to get FTN95 integrated into VS2005.
The FTN95 install wizard ran error free, recognized VS2005 and did the VS2005 integration.
In VS2005 new projects dialog I get FTN Projects in the left pane along with three FTN95 templates in the right pane.
When I try to create a FTN95 project I get Application for (.ftn95p) not installed. Tried devenv / ResetSkipPkgs that leads to Package Load Failure error.

Clearly some of the integration has been done but the core FTN95 package is not installed.

Any ideas on how to fix?
Is there a Silverfrost utility that can be run from CMD with switches to install the package?
Is there anyway in VS2005 External Tools to install the FTN95 app.

Thanks a lot
Roger Vieira
John-Silver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ftn95 Express edition runs with I think a VS 2008 shell (free but limited functionality) integrated. I suspect that earlier versions like 2005 will not be compatible.
In any case the express version is an old (v5.4) compiler.
Some recent discussion has been around Community Edition of VS for which V2013 has been indicated works when instaleld and then overlaying ftn95 personal version (automatic recognition I think.
I seem to remember there was a recent post from Sfrost that the latest 2015 Community Edition wasn't yet compatible with FTN95 (or vice versa :O) )
I agre that some documentation on all the possibilities of integrating VS (various versions) would be nice to see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: