forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

%WW and closure control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: %WW and closure control Reply with quote

Sorry - me again.

I currently use %ww to change the style of a window - %ww[maximise,no_minbox]

I would like to prevent the user from closing the window (other than by using the application buttons), and can obviously remove the windows closure control (X) by using %`sm[ ]

However when I do this, whilst the user can still apply the windows 'restore down' control to achieve a smaller window (and then maximise it again), having reduced the window in size they are unable to move the reduced window around the screen. Removing the %`sm command from the code allows such movement to be carried out but (obviously) also allows the windows closure control to be used.

Any ideas would be appreciated on how to obtain 'movement without closure'. Many Thanks

(For information in other situations where the window must not be resized, under XP pro the fixed_size command does not work in %ww - at least not reliably - and the %`sm command has to be used as one way of fixing window as maximised)

Bill
Martin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: %WW and closure control Reply with quote

I think you can use the %cc format to prevent closure of a window. You should be able to return 0 to allow the close and anything else to disallow it.

Note that I haven't tested this but I think it will work.

Martin
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: %WW and closure control Reply with quote

Many thanks again -

the %cc approach using a dummy callback (e.g. set = 1) when the user attempts to close the window works very well.

The callbacks associated with the actual application buttons etc can obviously kill off the window when required.

Smile

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: