forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debug my programs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gourish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Debug my programs Reply with quote

Sir/Madam:

I am trying to use some of old fortran programs to work with Salford FTN95 This program works when I use Visual Fortran (1997 Ver 5.0 which does not exist any more). When I compile & build the fixed format fortan files using FT95, I get a whole series of warnings but nothing fatal - *.obj files are created successfully. But when I run the executable, I am getting a fatal error - array subscripts out -of- bonds. Could you please, please, please, help me debug !!!!.

How can post my programs on the forum so that some one take a look at at the code and error file.

Thank you very much.

Gourish Sirdeshpande
717-396-5209
gsirdeshpande@armstrong.com
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: Debug my programs Reply with quote

If you run the program using the debugger (use SDBG or use the startup options in Plato) then the program will run to the point where it fails.

You will then be able to see which array element has a subscript that is out of range.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Debug my programs Reply with quote

Thanks for your suggestion - it is working. Thanks for your help.

gourish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: