forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

launching help files from Clearwin+

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brianstott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: launching help files from Clearwin+ Reply with quote

This seems related, but maybe not identical, to a forum question from last January. I have separate software that creates *.chm (or *.hlp) help files. I would like to launch such a file from a callback function invoked by a Clearwin+ menu item click. I could not see how to do this from the FTN95 ocumentation. Currently, I have succeeded in launching the file only by using the CISSUE command, which would be fine except that this also pops up an accompanying DOS window. Do I have to use a Windows API command, and if so, which one will launch a *.chm file? Thanks in advance.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: launching help files from Clearwin+ Reply with quote

Sounds like WinExec should do the job:

Code:

STDCALL WINEXEC 'WinExec' (STRING,VAL):INTEGER*4

call winexec( 'mine.chm', 1)

1 = SW_NORMAL, show the Window in normal form.

PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: launching help files from Clearwin+ Reply with quote

The simplest way to launch a help file is probably to use an API call to ShellExecute which you will find in win32api.ins and the corresponding MODULE.

For full control you will need to use the API function WinHelp (for *.hlp) or HtmlHelp (for *.chm). You will find WinHelp in win32api.ins but you will need to create your own interface to HtmlHelp.

If you create an interface to HtmlHelp you can follow the pattern in win32api.ins for the most part but the final argument points to a structure and will be more tricky to handle. If you manage this you may also need to reference the appropriate html DLL when linking with SLINK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: