forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Execution2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfark1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Execution2 Reply with quote

Paul Laidler: Per my discussion "Execution" I had stated that I am getting an exception interrupt when I try to run my Fortran program with Silverfrost. I subsequently went to my laptop computer and ran it, successfully, no problems. Upon exploring further, the Desktop version has been downloaded from the Silverfrost site last week and re-installed. The Laptop version was downloaded on 7/27/2011. Therefore, I can only conclude that something that has been put into the newest version is causing the exception problem on the "Heap" when it is executed. I certainly can no longer use my Desktop computer because the new version of Plato looks for a Project/Solution File and the Laptop version looks for a Project File. Cannot seem to get the new Plato to look for my old project file because it won't! Do not know which way to turn now, please advise. Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Execution2 Reply with quote

Paul Laidler: Another notice per the previous note, when I can access my "Project File" off of my laptop, finally succeeded, and try to build or re-build, the Plato system prints an error which states: "ProjRelPath" = "T, This file does not have a valid extension. Would you like to exclude it from the build?". I certainly do not as it would cause even greater problems. In order to resolve this situation, I need to know what your programmers did to exclude previous versions of Fortran programs in the newest Plato and FTN95 systems that are no longer backward compatible and what is now causing the "kernel base.dll problem with the "exception" address related to a variable, or other related to the "LEAVE" symbol. Totally confused, please let me know, Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a version of Plato that works on one machine then just copy it to the machine where you are having problems. Also keep a backup of the system that is working satisfactorily. Plato.exe is independent and can be freely copied.
stfark1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:41 am    Post subject: Execution3 Reply with quote

Paul Laidler: I copied the complete system file Silverfrost from my laptop computer to the desk top computer. When I executed Plato, I know I got the older version because it asked to open a project not a project/resource. However, still getting the same interrupt error on the stack, almost immediately related to a variable "LEAVE", certainly sounds like a deliberate situation to prevent executing older programs in the newer system! I do not know what the problem is with my desktop computer. I even tried to install the latest Microsoft updates, thinking it was a difference with the op sys, to no avail! I decided to run a much simpler Fortran program with Silverfrost, same problem, issues an exception on the "stack" related to the variable "LEAVE". I am completely mystified, have tried everything, do not know which way to turn next! Any ideas? Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can send me the source file(s) then I will test it on my machine.
Send me a Forum message and I will reply with an email address to use.
stfark1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Execution2 Reply with quote

Hi Paul Laidler: I have copies of Win 7, the one that doesn't work, and also Win 8 which I previously loaded the Silverfrost files, from the same version that was loaded approx. 2011. The system works fine in Win8 and also as previously mentioned, laptop. I created a "simple" fortran program to run on the Win 7 version to see if it involved my extensive fortran program that I have had trouble with. Even with the "simple" fortran program running on the Win 7 version, I get the exception on the heap related to variable "LEAVE". I can only assume that it is some error introduced when I downloaded the latest version of Silverfrost onto the Win 7 op sys. I am not sure that if I send you the "simple" fortran program that you can re-produce the problem. Is it possible for me to send a "screen shot" of the error and page listing to you and how can I do? Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the variable LEAVE in your program?
Can you show details of the exception report?
stfark1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Execute2 Reply with quote

Paul Laidler: The variable "LEAVE" is not in my program, I have a screen shot of the interrupt but how do I attach to a
"post reply" to you? Sid Kraft
stfark1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Executuin2 Reply with quote

Hi Paul Laidler: Are you going to send me an email address where I can email you a screen shot of the interrupt that I am getting per this problem? Please let me know, Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I have sent you a message via this Forum message board.
stfark1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Execution2 Reply with quote

Hi Paul Laidler: I tried to send you an email of request, i.e. have you heard anything about the interrupt that I have been getting? Please let me know, Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not received anything yet. Please use the email address that I have given you.
stfark1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Execution2 Reply with quote

Paul Laidler: I tried to use the email address that you gave me, got a "mail not delivered" message from the post, not sure why. Sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent myself an email and it is working fine.
If you are sending an archive then that can create problems.
Just send an email message first to see if it works.
Alternatively use a different approach such as DropBox.
stfark1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Execution Reply with quote

Paul laidler": Have you heard anything about the interrupt problem that I am having with Win 7 yet? Please let me know, Sid Kraft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: