forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Various Problems with Clearwin - (1) getting mouse data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject: Various Problems with Clearwin - (1) getting mouse data Reply with quote

Hi there,

running my programs I encounter a few problems, where clearwin behaves differently from what I expect it to do. I would appreciate any support to get a starting point where to start my bugsearch.

I am running clearwin in a MS XP-home edition environment, SP 1 included (not SP2).

Here is the first one, concerning the mouse. I boiled down a far bigger routine to that few lines of code still showing my problem:

(1) include <windows.ins>
(2) ictrl=0
(3) iwin=winio@('%gr[grey]&',400,200)
(4) iwin=winio@('%lw',ictrl)
(5)10 call get_mouse_info@(ix,iy,iflag)
(6) print*,ix,iy,iflag
(7) if(iflag.eq.0) then
(Cool call sleep@(0.5)
(9) goto 10
(10) endif
(11) stop
(12) end

The idea is, I want to get info on the cursor position at any time the cursor is inside of the graphic window.

From what I get from the docs about get_mouse_info I would expect to receive ix and iy any time get_mouse_position is called, each .2 seconds here. After some time with the mouse in the graphic window I should expect a number of printouts in the textwindow, giving cursor positions.

Without line# 4, I only get a printout after I clicked lmb, otherwise the whole program seems to be on hold.

With line #4 (and the appropriate & in line #3) I get a series of prints, but all being 0, unless lmb is pressed.

Oh by the way, I am one of the fossils relying on implicit data types, that's why ix, iy, iflag are integers.

Any ideas ??

Norbert
Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Various Problems with Clearwin - (1) getting mouse data Reply with quote

Nobert

If it is any comfort, I had many (and have) with the 'mouse control'. Try to declare the ix, etc as integer*4 (not that I think that is the problem). Then rather than print the ix, etc use something along the line i=winio@('x: %wd',ix). Also is chck the iflag and then go to ........ when iflag.eq........

If your program hangs, then get out of Plato altogether and start again.

Hope this may help.

Sten

sten.lou@conocophillips.com
ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Various Problems with Clearwin - (1) getting mouse data Reply with quote

Thanks Sten,

it sure is of some comfort to know not to be the only one to have such problems. You know, you would start thinking what makes you different from the rest of the users, them being happy using this stuff and only stupid me ...

Well, I will work through your hints one after the other and will give some feedbeack on what did succeed (that's optimism, isn't it ?).

Norbert
Martin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Various Problems with Clearwin - (1) getting mouse data Reply with quote

Norbert,

The documentation for get_mouse_info@ (in the FTN95 manual) states that it should only be used inside a %gr callback routine. However, contrary to this, it seems you can actually use the routine wherever you like as long as you specify the full_mouse_input option for the %gr.

Martin
ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Various Problems with Clearwin - (1) getting mouse data Reply with quote

Martin,

thank you, this one did it. I get all the mouse info I want any time get_mouse_info is called, when full_mouse_input is specified as option for the grahics window. Smile Smile Smile

Norbert
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Various Problems with Clearwin - (1) getting mouse data Reply with quote

Here is some sample code that may help.....

winapp
c---------------------------------------------------------------
include <windows.ins>
integer mstat
character*30 cstat
common/control/ mstat,cstat
integer i,gr_func
external gr_func
cstat=' '
mstat=0
i=winio@('%ww[no_border]&')
i=winio@('%ca[Box Selection]&')
i=winio@('%mn[E&xit]&','EXIT')
i=winio@('%ob&')
i=winio@('%^gr[black,box_selection,full_mouse_input]&',
+ 300,300,gr_func)
c See also set_graphics_selection@
i=winio@('%cb&')
i=winio@('%ob[status]%20st%cb',cstat)
end
c-----------------------------------------------------------
integer function gr_func()
include <windows.ins>
integer mstat
character*30 cstat
common/control/ mstat,cstat
integer x1,y1,x2,y2,nstat,a,b
call get_mouse_info@(x1,y1,nstat)
write(cstat(1:30),'(3I7)') x1,y1,nstat
call window_update@(cstat)
if(and(nstat,MK_LBUTTON).eq.0.and.and(mstat,MK_LBUTTON).ne.0)then
call get_graphics_selected_area@(x1,y1,x2,y2)
if(and(nstat,MK_SHIFT).eq.MK_SHIFT) then
call rectangle@(x1,y1,x2,y2,12)
elseif(and(nstat,MK_CONTROL).eq.MK_CONTROL) then
a=0.5*(x2-x1)
b=0.5*(y2-y1)
call ellipse@(x1+a,y1+b,a,b,12)
else
call draw_line@(x1,y1,x2,y2,12)
endif
endif
mstat=nstat
gr_func=2
end

c-----------------------------------------------------------

ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Various Problems with Clearwin - (1) getting mouse data Reply with quote

Thanks Paul,

I did test your code and it works fine. I will try to adapt my coding to this example and see how far I can get with this. Maybe all the other problems I have encountered - and was about to post here - will be solved along with this one here.

Thanks again.

Norbert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: