forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Visual Studio 2012 plugin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Problem with Visual Studio 2012 plugin Reply with quote

I have a problem using mixed-language solutions in VS 2012 using version 7.00. My project uses both MS VC++ and FTN95 projects (Win32). If I have a solution containing one type or the other all is fine, as soon as I have both C++ and FTN projects in a single solution all the source files disappear from the C++ ones (they are still there, just don't show up as source files in Solution Explorer). This seems to apply to both Win32 and .NET but only C++/FTN, C# is okay.

This only happens when the full solution is loaded, when I first put both the projects into one solution it's all fine but saving, closing and reopening makes the files disappear.

To test:
1. Open VS2012, create a new C++ Console Application Project & Solution (Win32)
2. In Solution Explorer right-click and Add New Project, this time an FTN95 application. Both the default cpp and f95 files are visible.
3. Save, close and re-open the solution and now the f95 file is visible but the cpp file has disappeared. If the ftn project is removed from the solution and it's re-opened the files come back.

I've tried this on a couple of systems with the same effect. VS2008 is fine. Any ideas?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to work OK for me.

Try reading the .vcxproj file to see if the files are in there.

Mixing MS C++ with FTN95 Fortran is not a natural combination because linking can be tricky. It is usually easier to use SCC with FTN95 and link using SLINK.

Plato provides an alternative to Visual Studio and might serve your purposes if you use FTN95/SCC.
acw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. So you have both C++ and FTN projects in a single solution and when you close and reopen the solution you can navigate down to the source files in both projects? I do get the C++ project and the "Source Files" and "Header Files" sub-folders in the solution, but when expanding those sub-folders the C++ files are not visible. The files are present in the project however - the solution builds properly as it always has - just can't see the files in solution explorer.

This is VS2012, FTN 7.00 on Windows 8. Plato etc. is not an option, this product has been in development for many many years, always okay up to and including VS2008 and I'm trying to decide when I'll be able to upgrade to the latest FTN & VS combination.
acw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, well I think you can scrap all that, I've just installed the latest Windows updates, rebooted and dunna, I can see my source files again. Exactly the same on both computers. Maybe I hadn't rebooted since installing FTN95, I can't believe it was the updates that did it. Thanks anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: