forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controlling main window size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparge

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Controlling main window size Reply with quote

Seeking input on a ClearWin+ subject that I have never yet got sufficiently to grips with! Some winio@ controls - the one of most interest to me is %fr - have dimensions that are specified in pixels by the user. If a main window consisted only of such controls, sizing it according to screen size would be easy. The trouble is that main windows invariably also contain controls whose size is influenced by application code but is ultimately down to winio@ - text, sliders, boxes and so on - even title bars and menus occupy a non-negligible proportion of the screen at 640x480 (yes, I still have to support VGA, hence my question :dead: ) ...

So I think what I am seeking input on is this question: given a main window containing a %fr control surrounded by other stuff, how best to estimate the dimensions of the %fr control in order to make best use of the screen real estate? Hopefully,

Andy
ursuselasticus

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Controlling main window size Reply with quote

Hi Andy,

I am not so sure, if I got your point. I make it, it's not a question to maximise the area that is available for this frame but to find out, where this is.

In these cases I do a screenshot of the mainscreen and view it in Paint. In the bottom left of the Paint-screen you will see the pixel-coordiantes of the mouse cursor. Move it to the points of interest and you get your references.

By the way, what annoys me with tha %fr formatcode is, that I cannot maximize that frame to the uppermost leftmost of the area that is free of window controls, but a frame of about 20 pixels width is maintained. You got any way to improve this ?

Norbert
sparge

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:39 am    Post subject: Controlling main window size Reply with quote

Gruß Norbert,

You were right not to be sure Very Happy my point was indeed something else. For your own query. %ww[no_border] does what you are looking for (I assume you are using %ww).

As for my own point, I figured out a satisfactory way to answer it. The result was quite interesting, but a bit involved to post about right now. I'll need to find time during a lunchtime or something.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: