forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you create similar GUI ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Can you create similar GUI ? Reply with quote

Remember we were doing testing of SSE/parallel libraries here few weeks back ? Well, i'd like to create for these tests professional GUI which may look like this image below. Some very well known site was interested to use our tests for RAM/multiprocessing benchmarking and even potentially to add them to their benchmark suite. I'd do that myself (though it is not that easy with shadows, specifically if make whole screen re-sizable) but unfortunately i don't have time, being completely screwed right now, and i'd have also to make all these tests to work unattended and then make nice looking final table displayed in this black box. You are welcome to do that for me completely from start to the end, the sources are posted here last month, i do not care about ownership, several people contributed to it, mostly John, Davidb and if they have no objection let it will be our forum joint venture here Smile

The general design for the table should be like this with the 3 tests (Transposed, SSE2 and LAIPE omitting regular block matrix test for unattended cases because it runs too slow) on top and selectable matrix sizes (750, 1000,1500, 2000, 3000, 5000, 7500) at the left. The black square has to be %cw area with the light blue Arial fonts scaled to 0.8 of standard size. John's color coded graphics were also looking great but that's an extra (if it will not take too much time to fit here). All has to look great on Windows 8 tablet too

Last edited by DanRRight on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to provide cell colours using %lv it would be necessary to respond to the NM_CUSTOMDRAW redraw message.

It would be a non-trivial task to include this in ClearWin+ and there may be other priorities when it comes to improving %lv.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me - can the content of %lv table be CtrlC and pasted into other document? If not then just the text table would be fine. Last time i checked 15 years ago, this compiler supported basic HTML functions natively by the way, may be table can me made in HTML?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Ctrl+C with %lv[edit_cells].

ClearWin+ HTML does not support tables.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without graphical buttons, icons, separators and other beautifications in order to post here i have got the following. The shadow around %cw area is really tough stuff and was not done yet. Any way to do that besides using %gr instead of %cw ?

Also is there a way to paint each of 3 panels of %1.3ob with different backgrounds (for example by using different wallpapers or just using background color) not the way like i do that with a lot of spaces which are ignored too if not use at least one character what i actually do. The code looks not elegant due to that?

Code:

winapp
  include <windows.ins>
  iUn0 = 100

i = winio@('%sy[no_border]&')
  i = winio@('%bg&', rgb@(3,3,3))

i = winio@('%1.3ob[invisible]&')
  i = winio@('%`bg&', rgb@(100,5,3))
  i = winio@('.                                                                                                     &')
  i = winio@('.                                                                                           &')
  i = winio@('.                                                                                                          %ff&')
  i = winio@('%cb&')

i = winio@('%`bg&', rgb@(53,53,53))
  i = winio@('.                                                                                              &')
  i = winio@('.                                                                                           &')
  i = winio@('.                                                                                                               %ff&')
  i = winio@('.                                                      &')

i = winio@('%fn[Arial]%ts%tc&',1.d0, rgb@(200,222,255))
  i = winio@('Set Separate Tests &')
  i = winio@('.                    &')
  i = winio@('Set All Tests             &')
  i = winio@('.                                                        &')
  i = winio@('.                             &')
  i = winio@('About      %ff&')

i = winio@('.                                        &')
  i = winio@('%cb&')

i = winio@('.%ff&')

i = winio@('%fn[Courier New]%ts%tc&',0.9d0,rgb@(0,177,255))

i = winio@(' %`bg&', rgb@(33,33,33))
  i = winio@('%2.1ob[invisible]&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %`bg%70.24cw[local_font]&', rgb@(0,0,0), iUn0)
  i = winio@('%ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('%cb&')

Last edited by DanRRight on Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:58 am; edited 9 times in total
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('%sf%ts%tc&',1.3d0,rgb@(255,255,255))
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('%bf%cn You can run each test independently  %`bf%ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('%sf%ts%tc&',0.9d0,rgb@(255,255,255))
  i = winio@('%cn by clicking on each test icon %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('   %`bc&', rgb@(53,53,53))
  i = winio@('%cn Gauss      SSE      LAIPE %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')

i = winio@('%cn%bf%it Or run all tests together %`it%`bf%ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')
  i = winio@('  %ff&')

i = winio@('%sf%ts%tc&',1d0,rgb@(200,255,255))
  i = winio@('%`bc&', rgb@(53,53,53))
  i = winio@('%cn%^bt[  Start Test  ]&', 'exit')   
  i = winio@('%`bc&', rgb@(53,53,53))
  i = winio@('    %^bt[  Stop Test   ]    &', 'exit')
  i = winio@('%cb&')

i = winio@('%cb&')
  i = winio@('%ff &')

i = winio@('%ac[esc]&','exit')
  i = winio@('%lw',ilw)

write(100,*)' '
  write(100,*)' '
  write(100,*)'                 G A U S S    ELIMINATION   MATRIX   TESTS'
  write(100,*)' '
  write(100,*)' ____________________________________________________________________________'   
  write(100,*)'              !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'              |   750  |  1000  |  1500  |  2000  |  3000  |  5000  |  7500  '
  write(100,*)' _____________}________}________|________|________|________|________|_______ '   
  write(100,*)'              !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   Gauss      !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)' _____________}________}________|________|________|________|________|_______ '   
  write(100,*)'   Gauss SSE  !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   LAIPE  1   !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   LAIPE  2   !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   LAIPE  3   !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   LAIPE  4   !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   LAIPE  5   !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   LAIPE  6   !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   LAIPE  7   !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '
  write(100,*)'   LAIPE  8   !        |        |        |        |        |        |        '

end program
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing my question asked in previous post: here is simplified program which demonstrates that cell backgrounds are not colored till the end of the line. Any ways to do that besides using spaces?

Code:

winapp
  include <windows.ins>
  j=123456   
  i = winio@('%ww[no_border]&')
  i = winio@('%1.3ob[invisible]&')
  i = winio@('%`bg&', rgb@(220,125,3))
  i = winio@(' Cell 1   %ff&')
  i = winio@('%cb&')

i = winio@('%`bg&', rgb@(100,225,3))
  i = winio@('Cell 2   Parameter  %rd&', j)
  i = winio@('%cb&')

i = winio@('%`bg&', rgb@(100,5,223))
  i = winio@(' Cell3%ff&')
  i = winio@('%cb&')

i = winio@('%ac[esc]','exit')

end program

Last edited by DanRRight on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could add spaces after "Cell 1" and "Cell 3".
In this sample you could make the main background colour (%bg) green for the middle cell otherwise you might be able to play around with the font height to make the text box fill the cell.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this message should be deleted

Last edited by DanRRight on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Problem with using spaces is that each computer and OS has slightly different fonts. The result will be ugly cut endings.

Well, Paul, you have done a lot of improvements lately, i clearly see and enjoy the advances and very appreciate that work done unbelievably but seems completely for free, hope it will pay later a lot because deserves it, but here come the requests to make few more:

1) the ability to setup background color for the whole individual individual %ob cells by rgb@ and texture bitmaps from the Resources. That is obvious #1 thing which is needed for making PRO-looking GUIs

2) another is ability to change the color for vscrol and hscrol bars

Asking shadows with %cw or %ww (but not like it is done with [casts_shadow] ) or 3D shadowed fonts looking literally like they are immersing in the background would be definitely an overkill but are those two doable?

Last edited by DanRRight on Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan

Thanks for your comments and concern.

I will make a note of your request. ClearWin+ has been greatly improved over the last few months, particularly with the extension to 64 bits and the addition of anti-aliasing and opacity. Other additions can be considered when time allows.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Paul. Wish you keep development with the same speed and great acceptance of your work among other compilers.

Meantime here is what i got so far with the GUI for tests. Now accepting suggestions for the name of the test suite built on this forum

DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) How about BENCHMATRIX ? Such web company exists though...

2) Paul, to demonstrate how white hscroll and vscroll ruining the whole GUI (and any other made in dark theme) here is the screenshot. Ideally CWP has to have them of different shapes too, current one is too obsolete

PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to change the background colour of the scroll bar but I don't know of a way to change the colour of the "thumb".
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity, but that still would help too.

These bars also have white "accent" line on the top or left border for h and vscroll, respectively, does it follow automatically main color ? Would be great not to leave white
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: