forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ClearWin/DISLIN - what is the Level of Interfunctionalit ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Silver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: ClearWin/DISLIN - what is the Level of Interfunctionalit ? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I'm relatively new to ClearWin+ .
I'm still in the planning phase of a project to port some FORTRAN programs to have a GUI.
I have so far been very impressed with what is possible.
I am however looking towards DISLIN maybe also for some features it provides.

My basic question is, how compatible is the use of DISLIN combined with ClearWIN ?

In particular, for output of results(both text and graphical) is it possible to 'mix' the features of both on a single page of output ?
e.g. imagine I want to output some text and a graphic using DISLIN at the top of a page (graphics on left, text on right, followed by a different graphic and other text in the bottom of the page.
Is that possible both , a) on screen b) in an output file .

I suspect there may be problems with doing this to the same 'Window' but maybe it's possible so long as the data is in seperate Windows ?
Is it possible to have 2 active windows (1 DISLIN and 1 CLEARWIN) at the same time ?
Maybe it cannot be done 'on screen' but can be to an output file ?

Thanks for your help if anyone can enlighten me on the possibilities.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post of mine seems to have been forgotten as there have been no replies whatsoever, not even from admin peeps.
Has anyone any experience of the use of CLEARWIN combined with any DISLIN capabilities ?
II guess we're talking about the capability of one program or another to write data to the relevant graphics 'windows' of the other so that results can be 'mixed' from both programs.
This would allow use of any DISLIN functions to supplement those of CW+.

Thanks
John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a DISLIN down load for FTN95 http://www2.mps.mpg.de/dislin/windows.html but none of this functionality is directly embedded within ClearWin+.

ClearWin+ works directly with Simfit and has embedded access to OpenGL and SIMPLEPLOT but I don't know of anyone interfacing with DISLIN.

Never-the-less it could be a feasible and useful approach.

Try contacting the author.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are your programs you plan to port full of dislin? Not? Then write your own "dislins", you have everything you need in ftn95 to be free from being on too many needles specifically if this will be your code for years to use. All that is easy with FTN95+CWP and will look better then in all that numerous uglylins.
John-Silver

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Paul, I did contact the DISLIN folk and got much the same reply (in reverse) as yours, guess I'll have to roll the sleeves up and experiment !

Thanks for the reply anyway.
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: