forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D style for 2D graphs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: 3D style for 2D graphs Reply with quote

This is the classy magazine's cover design i'd like very much to implement for my codes but don't have a week or two of free time. Would be even better to have one in SALFLIBC library. May be someone interested to try?

A added second plot photoshopping it, but think the final product must be able to plot several layers of graphs simultaneously. I basically would do that quick with the help from the OpenGL pro. What i miss are few years of OpenGL experience and specifically these few things

1) How to work in absolute coordinates instead of permanently changing OpenGL ones. This is by some reason a default. There is no zero (x,y) in the top left corner of the screen like in draw_line@ or i do not know one. What makes me crazy is that after every plot of,say, a polygon your zero coordinate moves to the last called node. To move it back you permanently need to call some routine. There must exist some default which allows to work with still point "zero" for the whole plot

2) Fonts. Besides last absurdly difficult default above the fonts and numbering are totally unhandlable in OpenGL

3) Reflections. Someone has to setup the universal set of lights for shadows, blinks, transparencies, fogs etc suitable for basically all life cases of potential graph designs. That is as easy as set one parameter for each but here must be some pro who will do that to save time on many tries and faults

4) Textures (still and living), living water surfaces etc must be just in a default universal header. User then calls the settings and adjusts all the lights, scales etc the way he wants. Example for that is in Pie Chart one can see in "Users Examples" in this forum (i can post again somewhere or can email the Fortran code for it). It is already looking better then many other pie charts you can find elsewhere (and is looking better then the pie chart i cut from the picture above) but could be made even nicer

5) The routine needed similar to CWP which gets the pixel color under mouse.

OpenGL is very fun and easy, but there exist only one or may be two people on earth who made all that with Fortran. Clearwin+ needs one to fly.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon fellow FTN95 fortraners.
Take my unfinished FTN95 OpenGL examples as an encouragement and a prototypes and in just literally a week or two you will be making the apps like this

if you know other languages (i'm fluent only in Fortran) where there exist MEGATONS of OpenGL examples and tutorials on HeNe website. Your own programs will never look better after you add OpenGL. You know that well that only your own graphics programs will give you 100% freedom of modification of everything, you will never be completely satisfied with third-party apps as with your own ones
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: