forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SDBG Access violation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

After installation the new version 4.7.0 and copying the update files for version 4.7.1 FTN95 seems to work properly with Windows 2000.
However, SDBG doesn't work anymore. Starting the SDBG program an Access Violation "The instruction at adress ... attempted to read from location 00000001" occured.

Thomas (Düsseldorf/Germany)
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

Is this in general? If you start sdbg with no arguments what does it do?

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

The same behavior occurs starting sdbg with or without arguments. The problem seems to result from the new version of sdbgdll.dll. If I replace the dll with the same of version 4.6, sdbg is running.

I've now reinstalled the old files 'sdbg.exe' and 'sdbgdll.dll' of version 4.6, dated 30.07.2004. It seems that those files ca be used in combination wit ftn95, version 4.7.1. However, a solution with a new version of sdbgdll.dll would be more satisfying.

Thomas
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

I have checked that the sdbg that ships with 4.70 does indeed work (4.71 does not contain an updated debugger). Is it possible that your 4.70 files are corrupt? Can you give the file size and dates of sdbg.exe and sdbgdll.exe

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

The files are taken from a download, performed last friday, 18th of February. Size of installation file ftn95.exe: 25.444.352 Bytes

File deatails:

sdbg.exe 23.11.2004 12:08:38 80896 bytes
sdbgdll.dll 23.11.2004 12:08:38 492544 bytes

Thomas
Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

According to the hint, that the files may be corrupt, I performed a new download of ftn95_upgrade.exe and new installation. The result is the same.

During weekend I checked the installation on my home PC with a different Windows 2K environment. The same error message occurs.

Thomas
Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

I made some additional trials and finaly I had success. Obviously the new sdbg.exe was not able to read the former sdbg.ini file in the windows directory. I deleted the old sdbg.ini. The I started the new sdbg.exe and now everything seems to work properly.

Sometimes patience and a try-and-error strategy leads to success.

Administrator,
are you interested to get a copy of the malfunction sdbg.ini? Unfortunately I deleted it at my office PC, but I should find one at my home PC.

Thomas
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

This is very odd. There is a file sdbg.ini which should be in your Windows directory, you could try renaming it to sdbg.old... if that fixes it please email the sdbg.old file to ftn95@silverfrost.com.

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
silverfrost
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: SDBG Access violation Reply with quote

Yes please! Send it to ftn95@silverfrost.com

------------
Administrator
Silverfrost Forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: