Joined: 29 Nov 2006
|Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:46 pm Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows version 7.00
|We are pleased to announce the release of FTN95 version 7.00. This is available for download now to supported users.
- ClearWin+ is now available in the form of a 64 bit DLL called clearwin64.dll for use with third party 64 bit compilers. Routines in this library that previously ended with the @ symbol now end with $. In order to allow parallel development, FTN95 has been extended so that routines such as winio@ can now end in $ as an alternative to @. Also new standard modules are provided so that all ClearWin+ library routines for FTN95 can take this alternative form. For further information, search for "64 bit" in ftn95.chm.
- ClearWin+ now accepts UTF-8 encoded character strings.
- EXPORT_IMAGE@ and IMPORT_IMAGE@ now accept .PNG files and resources.
- Four new library routines (START_THREAD@, WAIT_FOR_THREAD@, LOCK@ and UNLOCK@) have been added in order to initiate and manage Win32 threads.
- The default ClearWin+ colour mode has been changed from "VGA colours" to "RGB colours".
- ClearWin+: A new format code %em has been introduced to allow you to put icons in the left hand column of menus.
- ClearWin+: A new format code %nw has been introduced. %nw takes one argument and this is the handle (%hw) of a window that has already been created
- %ac[Ctrl+1] etc. added to list of accelerator keys allowed
- The options [colour=] and [color=] have been added to %gr.
- %th[balloon] now provides a tooltip in the form of a balloon.
- %rd now takes the option [radix=n] where n is an integer in the range 2 to 36.
- %ob now takes the option [rounded] to provide rounded corners
clearwin_info@("TOOLTIP_HWND") now returns the HWND for Microsoft style tooltips
- Visual Studio 2012 plugin
Outline summary of bugs that have been fixed:
- Local use of a name that duplicates the name of an intrinsic (e.g. SUM) was confusing the compiler.
- FTN95 was allowing the intrinsic function TRIM to be elemental.
- Regression at FTN95 version 6.0: SIZE(x, dim) was failing for assumed-size arrays.
- FORALL is now allowed to use the same index as an outer DO contsruct.
/CHECK was giving an access violation at runtime when the FORALL index was passed to it as an argument.
- An exclamation mark in column 73 was giving a false line truncation warning.
- A false runtime error was being issued when using /FULL_UNDEF for a certain generic routine.
- MAXVAL,MINVAL,MAXLOC and MINLOC intrinsics did not report a compilation error when used with assumed-size arrays.
- USE ONLY was not hiding a MODULE subroutine.
- DRAW_FILLED_POLYGON@ was failing when used repeatedly with a very large number of different colours.
- ClearWin+: %th[ms_style] did not allow multiline tooltips.