forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another ClearWin+ beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Now that's what I call truly stunning. I never cease to be amazed at how Clearwin+ makes Windows accessible to Fortran, but every now and again one of the enhancements takes it further in leaps and bounds. I am also impressed with Jalih's contribution to this. A really big Thank You to both of you. It is a small thing, but it makes an application look even more professional.

One thing I discovered while experimenting is that when you separate a big menu structure into multiple WINIO@ calls, if you put the beginning of a submenu in a different WINIO@ to the top level menu, Clearwin+ expects a callback for the top level menu, e.g. it is fine with this:

Code:
      IA=WINIO@('%em%mn[~Road design[~Road with grid input...,|]]&',
     &          MGrey,  MGrey,  cb)

but if you write:

Code:
      IA=WINIO@('%em%mn[~Road design]&',  MGrey) 
      IA=WINIO@('%mn[[~Road with grid input...,|]]&',
     &         MGrey),  cb)

then it asks for a callback for the top level menu (i.e. the first of these WINIO@s). I stopped experimenting at this point ! No doubt there is some halfway house that is separated but still works.

Eddie
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat,

I've found another issue. A submenu item with a sub-sub-menu won't take an icon, and without one, the text is misaligned - but only with [w7] and [w8].
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. If you avoid w7 and w8 for now I should be able to provide a fix shortly.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded another beta that should address the outstanding problem with %em. I have not yet looked at the issue concerning the position of the callback which presumably concerns %mn in general.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the callback issue concerns %mn in general. Whether or not it needs a "fix" is up to you, but I thought it was worth a mention. I have not explored the extents of the issue, because it was straightaway obvious that even providing a "do nothing" callback had the potential to conflict with the automatic behaviour.

For the time being I simply pushed the submenus up a level.

Eddie
dpannhorst

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time I am using %`mn to update menu strings "on the fly" as described for enhanced menus in the FTN95 help by calling REPLACE_ENHANCED_MENU@. I am also using the -bm option for representing bitmap menus.

How to do this with %em?

I succeeded in using icons with %em, but I don't know how to replace the menu string like before.

Detlef
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment you cannot replace a %em menu on the fly.
I will take a look to see what would be involved.

You can use the %mn[[*]] feature to add items to the end.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to note that %mn[[*]] was a new one to me, but a bit of hunting in FTN95.CHM finds it documented in "Dynamic menus". I don't think I understood it the first few (hundreds!) of times I read it, but one gets to understand handles better each time!

I do believe that there is a slight transparency or positioning glitch associated with the tick symbol when you have a # menu item:

As %`mn items can have the alternative radio-button form of check box, is this something that could be provided, perhaps with %##mn, instead of a tick? Not that this is a very big need, as if anyone can explain what is the difference, I would find it interesting to know - I see it in some programs, but it seems to do the same job as far as I am concerned.

Eddie
dpannhorst

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

maybe you can create a new option for %`mn:

-ic[MYICON/mytext]

similar to

-bm[MYBITMAP]

This would lead to a minimum of changes in the existing program code.

Detlef
dpannhorst

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

it also seems, that the character ^ isn't working in the character string of %`mn.
CHAR(9) ist working well.

Detlef
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

Eddie, can you provide more details about the glitch with the tick symbol?

Detlef, I think that I can easily make %mn and %pm editable (so that they can be changed on the fly) but anything else (involving %`mn and %`pm) would be too big a task. This would mean that old %mn and new %em%mn menus could be replaced on the fly (and the same for %pm). This would be quite a nice new feature because it would mean that you could have different popup menus for different controls.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

In the enlarged image I posted (I screen-dumped the menu, imported it into Paint, cut out the relevant area and put it in a new file, enlarged that to the maximum, re-captured the screen and cut out the relevant bit again), you can see a horizontal line of different coloured pixels above the tick. It is barely perceptible at normal scale. Can you see the image I posted? If not, then you may need to take the link direct to Imageshack. It's a visual glitch, not a programming one.

I have (rightly or wrongly) guessed that this is either (a) misplacing the tick bitmap down by one row of pixels, or (b) having a line of pixels at the top of the tick bitmap with the wrong transparency information. In either case the fix ought to be fairly simple.

Apologies for intervening in the correspondence with Detlef, but aren't %`mn and %`pm already the editable versions of %mn and %pm? (And don't they already allow you to have different popup menus for different controls?)

Eddie
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I see it now.

The old enhanced menus (%`mn and %`pm) can be replaced but they have their limitations.
dpannhorst

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul, hi Eddie,

at the moment I'm using %`mn because my application offers a multilingual user interface for the menus. This is working very well: the user can change the application language on the fly.

Furthermore I have used the -bm option to represent a bitmap with a text (i.e Open File). These are looking ugly, because the menu text has to be included in the bitmap.

Therefore I was very interested in the new %em. Here I can use the ICON and a normal menu text, but I can't change the language on the fly anymore.

My proposal to add a new option -ic for %`mn seems the easiest way to add the new ICON feature without changing to much in my program code.

Detlef
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Detlef, My own method of being "multilingual" is to write separate subroutines or code segments for each case. For one or two options it isn't so bad. For more it is difficult and ugly. You can also splice in sections of text in different languages building up a WINIO@ string using concatenation, for example:

Code:
       IF (LANG .EQ. 44) THEN ! UK English
       OpenString = 'Open'
       FileString='File'
       ELSE IF (LANG .EQ. 39) THEN ! Italian
       OpenString = 'Apri Cartella'
       FileString='File'
       etc

IA=WINIO@('%mn['//FileString(1:LEN_TRIM(FileString))//
     &     '['//OpenString(1:LEN_TRIM(OpenString)) ..... etc

(This is a badly coded example, but you will get the point, I hope). You could save the strings and their lengths in a file, or in BLOCKDATA in a set of arrays. Finally, there is always %di !!!

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: