forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using context sensitive help with Ftn95 and Clearwin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Using context sensitive help with Ftn95 and Clearwin Reply with quote

I am using html help in Ftn95 with clearwin+ in a very simple way, for example
i=winio@('%ca[PROGRAM Help]%bg[grey]%ww[thin_border]&')
I=winio@('%fn[Arial]%ts&',1.0D0)
i=winio@('%mn[Back,History,EXIT]&',
+ 'PREVIOUS_TEXT','TEXT_HISTORY','EXIT')
i=winio@('%pv%60.20ht@',helptopic)
The result is not very professional formatted html output window.

Now, I would like to use a .hlp Windows help file in my program. As far as I can see I can use the clearwin callback "help_contents" to display the content of the help file. Nevertheless, I also will display context sensitive help in special menus. How can I use my Microsoft .hlp file? Can I specify the topic title or the context number anywhere?

Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Using context sensitive help with Ftn95 and Clearwin Reply with quote

There is no direct ClearWin+ support for Microsoft .hlp files.
You can get context sensitive help using %`th but you must provide the help text in the code.
Additional options for %th are described in the notes for %di (see "Using dialog resources" in the FTN95 help file).

In order to use a Microsoft .hlp file, you need to call the Windows API function WinHelp which is listed in win32api.ins. This will enable you to access given topics in a help file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: