forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using modules, newbie question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Using modules, newbie question Reply with quote

I've just started with Fortran and I can't get my project to work with modules. I'm using the version 4.71 personal FTN95.

This is a simple test program I made

I made a file called main.f95 and added it to "source files" for the project

Code:
PROGRAM MAIN
USE MOD1
WRITE(*,*) PI
END PROGRAM

Then I made a file called MOD1.f95 and added that as well to source files

Code:
MODULE MOD1
INTEGER :: PI = 3
END MODULE MOD1

When I later save the project, the main.f95 is put in "include files" and is no longer in source files. I don't understand that. When I try to compile the program by pressing start I get an error saying: "ERROR: The target does not exist" and the output says
"Compiling file: MOD1.f95
Linking...
*** No main, WinMain or LibMain function"

What should I do? It would probably work if the main.f95 would remain in "source files".
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Using modules, newbie question Reply with quote

I think I solved the problem, because it seems to be working now. I moved the project folder from "c:My downloads_fortran" to only "c:sources" and now it doesn't move the main.f95 to "include files" anymore. Maybe FTN95 had a problem with the folder names.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Using modules, newbie question Reply with quote

Sorry, it was only working temporarily. It doesn't work any longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: