forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resource file compilation error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Resource file compilation error Reply with quote

When you make a mistake in a resource file the linker gives you very vague and unusual error message

Code:
$ ÿ
[SLINK/Win32 v1.45 Copyright (c) Silverfrost Ltd. 1995-2012]
*** Don't understand:  ÿ

Now i know where to search for the problem but ones it took me a lot of time to get what this means and where problem happened.

Another issue is that using SRC to compile the resource file and then link it to the project OR just adding keyword RESOURCES at the end of Fortran text gave me different results, specifically i was unable to load some files using first method and all went fine with the second one. Are these two methods linking resources different?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When FTN95 finds "RESOURCES" it simply copies the lines to a temporary file which it then sends to SRC. So the error reports should be the same.

One thing that you should watch out for: Resource files produced by Visual Studio might be UNICODE files and these cannot be processed by SRC.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will try to corner the problem some time taking smaller demo code with this specific RC file which gave me always black screen when i used import_image@. I do not have VS on my computer. Please also make more verbose diagnostics when SDBG links corrupt resource object file with just this one unicode letter above!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: