forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible buffer bug with mouse handling

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalih

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Possible buffer bug with mouse handling Reply with quote

Anyone reported this?

Select the whole text by painting it with mouse starting from bottom of the file and finishing to top (this order and using mouse to do this is important), then press the Delete-key. In my setup it kills Plato everytime.

My setup is:
Windows 7 x64, Current FTN95 Personal Edition with Plato v. 4.51.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can confirm this behaviour in Win 7 64 - tested on a Lenovo notebook, but using Plato 4.4.0 according to its About box. I agree that it occurs when the mouse is used to select the text from the bottom to the top. The message is "Plato has stopped working". The error does not occur if you highlight the bottom of the file with the mouse, scroll up to the top, then select the top of the file and its contents with a Shift-Click operation, only if you select from the bottom to the top as Jalih notes. It doesn't exhibit the problem if only part of the file is selected. I haven't tried any other tests.

Eddie
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not been able to reproduce this effect on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. For the moment I note this a an unresolved issue.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curioser and curioser. Plato3 (i.e. 3.3) does it, but 4.4.0 does not, on a 32-bit Windows 7 machine.

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: