forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RGB and alpha channel value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johannes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: RGB and alpha channel value Reply with quote

Hi all,
bmp files can not only hold the (3) RGB values of a pixel, but also a fourth number, the 'alpha' value (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_compositing).

Question: is there a way to extract this number pixel by pixel with FTN95/clearwin ?

johannes
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that it would depend on the context but as far as I know, ClearWin+ only uses 24 bit bitmaps. For a "drawing surface", GET_POINT@ gets the bit value at a given point but I would expect this to be only 24 bit.
johannes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,
I checked my bmp file and indeed found that it is a 32 bit one. Thanks for the hint.
When I try to process it with my current FTN95 code (which works fine for <24 bit bmp), the result is just black. So I think you are right in saying that ClearWin can process only up to 24 bit.

Q to forum: Has anyone else experience with 32 bit bmps? A test file could be provided.

johannes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: