forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just for fun... ;-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jalih

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Just for fun... ;-) Reply with quote

I have been playing more with FTN95 and Clearwin+ and have some new games on the pipeline. First I just need to learn enough Fortran to write a simple level parser...

I tested direct manipulation of graphics surface and it seems to work quite well for my purposes.

simple example available here
jalih

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited my first post... Code was all messed up.. There seems to be some limit when using code tags?
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

These small programs could be useful as starting screen of your program or if made very small, the size of an icon or so, they could be indicators that your code is still running. They could show progress of run, they could be living reminders for something when you have complex property sheets. I use such things a LOT

And also have pretty cool 3D game written in FTN95 with the use of its OpenGL but do not have time to complete it...what i miss for that is a function which gives the color of the pixel in the OpenGL screen. Pity that %og graphics screen is different from %gr -- wish ideally developers joined both into one
jalih

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

DanRRight wrote:
...what i miss for that is a function which gives the color of the pixel in the OpenGL screen.

glReadPixels() ?

If you find the time to finish your 3D game, I would be interested to take a look at the sources...

My Tetris game is progressing quite nicely. I will probably put sources and binary available later this week.
jalih

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sources for my development version of Tetris game clone available here

Use arrow keys and space for playing.

Still to do:

- code cleanup
- add scoring and levels
- proper handling of game states
- better UI
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! Added just the i=winio@('%ac[esc]&','exit') and it is already very good.

Before you will further improve and of course increase the source size please keep also this simple version for novices.

As to glReadPixels() it could be good hint, will look when will have time. Meantime may be Paul will implement that functionality as a FTN95 own library function?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: