Joined: 29 Nov 2006
|Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:10 pm Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95: Fortran for Windows version 6.30
|We are pleased to announce the release of FTN95 version 6.30. This is available for download now to supported users.
- *.cs files can now be included in a DBK_LINK2/4 command line in order to transmit assembly attributes to the exe/dll.
- /CHECK argument checking now extended to module subprograms.
- /LINK with /DEBUG now activates /3GB in SLINK.
- ASSEMBLEY_INTERFACE now allows ARRAY="REF" (default ARRAY="NET") to allow star-sized arrays to be passed only as a reference to the first element of each array in the argument list.
- Clearwin+: Two new functions have been added to the library as an alternative or addition to %gr[user_surface]. These are CREATE_USER_SURFACE@ and SELECT_USER_SURFACE@. The associated %gr is identified by its Windows handle (see %lc) and the programmer must store the associated device context and DIB pointer.
| CALL CREATE_USER_SURFACE@(width, height, hdc, ptr) !(inputs width and height and returns hdc and ptr - all INTEGERs)
ia = SELECT_USER_SURFACE@(hwnd, hdc, ptr) !(inputs all arguments and returns non-zero value on success)
Outline summary of bugs that have been fixed:
- TYPE definition failed to propagate in a particular subprogram that was internal to the main program.
- RECOVER_DIB_BLOCK@ had 2048 horizontal pixel limit.
- A particular ALLOCATE statement reported and incorrect array rank.
- PAD was not working in the RESHAPE intrinsic except for integers.
- VAX initialisation statements failed when the list contained an array that was not the first item in the list.
- Assignment via a pointer failed when pointing to an element of an array of user-defined type which, in turn, had array members.
- Assignment to NULL using =>NULL() rather than NULLIFY was failing under .NET.
- MAXLOC and MINLOC intrinsics could not be called directly in order to set an array index.
- For arrays of rank one, MAXLOC and MINLOC now only return a scalar when DIM=1 is an explicit argument.
- SET_SUFFIX@ and SET_SUFFIX1@ were only working correctly for extensions of length three.
- Logical test for element by element character equality was failing for scalar against array constructor.
- Clearwin+ Improvement: %`rs can produce unwelcome additional height with XP theme.<br />Existing option [no_additional_depth] used to restore old (non-XP) height.
- Clearwin+: Documentation has been added for existing functions import_gif@ and export_gif@. These are similar to import_bmp@ and
export_bmp@. Interfaces are now included in standard header files.
- Clearwin+ Improvement: import_image@ has been extended to handle GIF files and resources.