forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pie chart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Pie chart Reply with quote

Some time ago i posted OpenGL pie chart example.

http://forums.silverfrost.com/viewtopic.php?t=1072

OpenGL is amazing and simple tool, it makes your code data presentation so much better. I am not an expert in OpenGL at all, i learned it as everything else just by the examples made by this compiler developers. The light sources and specular reflections would be great to add there -- they add final touch, charm and glamor of pro artists. And automatic and manual text placement. They are formally there but do not work like i'd like them ideally look. Together with the major adjustment tools (many others are hidden in Menu) the pie chart look like this

Hopefully here are someone who can bring this to the new level. I'd like to see it like this one.

DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another example of shadows and reflections which make image look lifelike. I tried everything and gave up to achieve that. Would like to know how.

LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

The book "High resolution computer graphics using FORTRAN 77" by Ian O. Angell and Gareth Griffith, ISBN 0-333-40399-1 Macmillan (1987) covers this sort of lighting, but you would need to translate the graphics primitives into OpenGL or Windows graphics, as in the book they are of the sort current in 1987.

In very primitive terms you need to light top and left, and darken right and bottom (or if the lighting is top right, swap the sides).

I don't use my copy of the book, and am happy to post it to you .... if you want it, send me a postal address via PM.

Eddie

[Edit] ... and I do have a general idea which part of the world it would go to! E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: