forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does SET_LINE_STYLE@ really only work for 1-pixel lines?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Does SET_LINE_STYLE@ really only work for 1-pixel lines? Reply with quote

Is it really the case that SET_LINE_STYLE@ only works for lines that are 1 pixel wide, e.g. with SET_LINE_WIDTH@ (1), or is there a trick that I've missed?

Eddie
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The details in the help file should be consistent with the following functions that you can Google together with MSDN...

ExtCreatePen if PS_GEOMETRIC is included, CreatePen otherwise.

Maybe you need to include PS_GEOMETRIC. It's a bit confusing.
Let me know how it works out.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Thanks for the very speedy reply. I had a look round MSDN, and yes, the one "device unit" limit is there. I've seen some advice that says work out the dash and gap sequence yourself. I had thought of that, but it is difficult round curves, and I was looking for a quick fix.

I tried multi "device unit" thickness lines, and apart from 1 and 2, they don't look all that nice anyway, so the need to dot and dash them evaporated. I did try using "tramlines" by overwriting with a white 1-device unit line, but it didn't produce an effect I liked either. I think I'll stick to 1 pixel lines and use colour for emphasis.

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: