forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me..... I have problem in fortran .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
engrsandeep

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Help me..... I have problem in fortran . Reply with quote

Hi frnds,

I am new user of this forum...

Actually, I am really confused. I have got assignment, in which there is one program written in fortran 77, I have to modify that one... So now the problem is that I have to learn fortran 77,for that I really tried alot to install on my laptop having OS windows 7. Please help me out as I just can run fortran and start my work as possible.

Actually, I have all files of that program made in fortran like (.exe, .f, .sum, .out, .in)

I have to finalize it in 3 wks, help me frnds..

regards,

Sandeep
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting first step is the most difficult in anything in life. But by some very common human fault (i'd better say stupidity) nobody cares to help novices talking with them on their own language.

It would be great to have a-la YouTube movie "Getting Started. Step by Step". 5 min work would increase users base immensely.
engrsandeep

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys... I may need of help in Fortran not in my life. .... So Dam what d stupid things you are writing here. Be positive... If at least u r nt helping then do not emphasize me man...

I have that one program, if any body wants then I can send him on his email... as for correction.. so for let me know your email..

regards,

Sandeep
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandeep,

You "have got assignment". We all have to learn.
Why not try downloading the Personal or Express editions of FTN95. It does come with documentation of how to install.
Fortran 77 is supported by FTN95.
I think you should have a go.

John
engrsandeep

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, john I have installed FTN95, there is one file Plato IDE.. I m working on that... is that right ? , Well, It is not an assignment but, here is program made in fortran but not working(executing) there may be some error in it.. so I have to debug it and then my assignment will be started by inputing and getting output from that prgram.

So, if you can help then I can send you those files.

Sandeep
colt1954

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm Reply with quote

Well have you debugged it in PLATO what does it say what errors are you getting !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: