forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Living gif on the buttons %tt or %bt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Living gif on the buttons %tt or %bt Reply with quote

I think i've seen somewhere some time ago an example how to place some image on the buttons, but can not find that example and do not see that in Help...Anybody knows how?
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new %bb that is described in the knowledge base on this forum.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main idea is to get such sort of buttons that when you press it, it starts to blink or somehow distinguish itself among others buttons.

For example, let's consider Run, Pause, Continue, Stop buttons in application. When Run pressed it has to blink to tell that run is performing, when the Pause button pressed - that the code is in the pause state etc.

Currently when i press Pause button, it is at the same time grayed (to prevent from pressing it again). When it is grayed, the text and the button look barely visible among other buttons contrary to common sense and intuition (i mean from the look at the screen it is not immediately clear that currently Pause takes place, it looks like not grayed Continue is going on LOL).

Needless to say that the result of this is that even i myself, the code author, often when press Pause forget to press the Continue losing hell a lot of time total to start worry about this small ergonomics things after a years of using. I even added the 4-6 kHz sound when pause for important places LOL

As to %bb, thanks for pointing on it, looks nice. Though it uses not a living gif but the icon, it would be ok for me too if icon could be grayed somehow or completely switched off when needed. Can it be done here? If not i will try to implement 3 state bmp-based buttons i've done before (hopefully now GIF89a capable)
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

%bb is like %bt in that it has a "grey control" via the ~ modifier.

%bi provides an icon for the next %bt. There may be a way to use a gif image in this context. I would have to check this out.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good. Would be nice if %bb controlled also graying the image, or better another graying variable introduced specifically for image which will allow(1), gray (0), or gray arbitrary up to 100% graying (disappearance to button own color if it is from -1 to -100)...

But may be such functionality could be achieved by existing methods. Say, i think i've seen before that the %bt button text could be dynamically changed. Same thing for button image would solve the problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: