forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTN95 v5.50 & VS2005: IVF project files not editable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: FTN95 v5.50 & VS2005: IVF project files not editable Reply with quote

Today I installed FTN95 v5.50 with integration in Visual Studio 2005 (VS) .

My VS had already installed Intel Visual Fortran v10.1 (IVF) and FTN95 v5.20. That did not give me any conflicts. But now after installation of v5.50, VS crashes immediately any time I press Enter/Return for adding a new line in a source file (.f90) which belongs to an IVF project. Editing Fortran source files which belong to FTN95 projects don't show this behaviour.

Since I noticed that the installation of FTN95 turned the "automatic outline" feature of VS on (in the past I did that manually with Fortran files), I have turned that off. But that didn't help. I have really not the slightest idea what is going on.

However I remember I had problems when editing files when I had both FTN95 and Lahey Fortran integrated in VS 2003 a couple of years ago.

This is a real showstopper. Please help.
Thank you.

Kind regards,

Jörg Kuthe
QT software
qt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I could not carry on my work with my IVF projects, I uninstalled the FTN95 integration in VS2005. Now, I can edit my IVF project files again.

I also found that the Text Editor Options are now missing the Fortran 77 and Fortran 95 entries that have probably been added by FTN95. So, the possibility for "automatic outlining" is gone too (unfortunately, I really would appreciate that).

Jörg Kuthe
QT softwar
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew will have a better idea about this but my understanding is that you can only have one VS plug-in for Fortran.

FTN95 needs VS for .NET debugging. If you are not using FTN95 for .NET then you can manage with Plato instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: