forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mouse wheel spport for %gr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Mouse wheel spport for %gr Reply with quote

Paul,

Following the discusion of zoom, I was looking into using the mouse wheel to control zoom. I again tested the option of using mouse wheel support as a returned event when in %gr. I have the following
Code:
     i = winio@ ('%`^gr[grey, rgb_colours, full_mouse_input]&',  &
                w_width, w_depth, w_handle, mouse_back_func)

I do not appear to be able to get mouse wheel events to respond, after using %mg, although I do in another program where I don't use "full_mouse_input". Is this the case or do I have a mistake in my implementation with full_mouse_input ?
Can the wheel be included as a extra mouse event associated with %gr, with out the need for %mg ?
get_mouse_info@ would need to be enhanced to incluse the wheel movement direction and possibly speed, which I have not yet been able to collect.

John
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Correction, I have got this to work, although it is a bit clumsy and delayed. To get the wheel response, I have added a call
i = winio@ ('%mg&', wm_mousewheel, on_mousewheel)
where wm_mousewheel = Z'020A'

This provides support for the mouse wheel interupt via a different callback. Can the same callback service all mouse interupts ?
Could "full_mouse_input" automatically service these interupts also ?
I recall there was a problem using the mousewheel and full_mouse_input together. Am I wrong recalling this ?
I am using the wheel interrupt to do a +10% or -10% zoom from where the mouse is located. "full_mouse_input" is required to provide the mouse position without clicking.
The response timing is a bit clumsy at the moment, as I do a complete redraw on each wheel interupt received.
Not all turns of the wheel appear to work, although there is a delay in the redraw response, so this may be the apparent reason. Any suggestions on how to improve the response, or how to clean out the backlog of wheel turns or is it simply getting use to the delay.

John
Wilfried Linder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a function to set the zoom factor with the central mouse wheel:

Code:
c     initialise factor
      zoom = 100

INTEGER FUNCTION MOUSE_ZOOM()

USE MSWIN
      USE M_VIEWIMA    ! contains integer*4 display

IMPLICIT NONE

integer*4     i,WPARAM,display

mouse_zoom = 3

WPARAM = CLEARWIN_INFO@('MESSAGE_WPARAM')
      i = HIWORD@(WPARAM)

if (i .gt. 0) then
        zoom = min(nint(dsqrt(2.D0)*zoom),8000)
      else
        zoom = max(nint(1.D0/dsqrt(2.D0)*zoom),10)
      end if

c     redraw the graphics
      i = display()
      end

Regards, Wilfried
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

I think that adding a mouse wheel event for %gr was one of those things that I planned to do in some spare moment. I don't recall any problems with this.

You can use the same callback (say for %mg and %gr) but you will probably need the equivalent of a "callback reason".

If I do add the mouse wheel event to %gr[full_mouse_input] then it probably will have the same effect as your use of %mg.
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Thank you for the reply. I've been away.
I do now have the program working, using 2 different interrupt handling routines so the functionality as-is is ok. I will try the same interupt handling routine and see if that also works.

I am having some problems with the useability of the mouse wheel, as the response time is very slow, probably as I request a full redraw on each interrupt.
I will try an alternative to speed up the update, where I save the screen to a virtual window and then redraw with a copy, applying the shrink and zoom, then select a redraw when I have the desired view.

To confirm a problem I thought I remembered; Does "%gr[full_mouse_input]" conflict with the mouse wheel response ?

It is preferable to have full mouse input to know where the mouse is when zooming in on the present mouse location, rather than the last clicked location.

John
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am willing to have a go at adding this functionality to ClearWin+.

Can someone write me a short program that contains a graphics area that might sensibly respond to a mouse wheel input. I know I ought to be able to do this but all of these things take valuable time.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the next release I have added mouse wheel information that is available with %gr[full_mouse_input]. The callback will take the following form...

Code:
  integer function cb()
  include <windows.ins>
  if(clearwin_string@("callback_reason") == "MOUSE_WHEEL") then
    ix = clearwin_info@("GRAPHICS_MOUSE_X");
    iy = clearwin_info@("GRAPHICS_MOUSE_Y");
    iflags = clearwin_info@("GRAPHICS_MOUSE_FLAGS");
    idelta = clearwin_info@("GRAPHICS_MOUSEWHEEL_ROTATION");
    print*, ix,iy,iflags,idelta
  endif
  cb = 1
  end

When I tested this idelta always gave +1 or -1. The raw data is in multiples of 120 and I have removed this factor in the ClearWin+ code.

The ix and iy values are relative to the upper left corner of the %gr area.
acw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul - you might already have dealt with this issue but in case you haven't a word of warning: in Win7 (maybe others) using the latest MS intellimouse drivers some mice return finer grain rotations so the wparam hiword is not an integral multiple of 120 (I'm getting quarter turns with a rotation value of 30). If you just divide the rotation by 120 and take the int result you find that some rotations don't have any effect unless you move the wheel by a large amount. I divide the wparam by 120 taking the real result and use that number to allow partial scrolling.
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will adjust the code accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: