forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lapack blas library

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpschoch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: lapack blas library Reply with quote

Hello,
Has anybody out there built a Blas Lapack library for use with FTN95 Express under Windows 7 64 bit.
If so, could you let me know how to go about it.
Thank you
Jean-Pierre
JohnMansell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not built on a 64-bit machine and built with regular ftn95, but the library has been built into a program which runs on 64-bit Vista.
First, select and download a version from netlib (http://www.netlib.org/lapack/index.html). I have had good results with 3.1.1. I'm fighting 3.2.2 right now - there seem to be problems with the newer parts of the test suite. Also, while you're on the lapack site, download lawn81 (as PDF) - it's the installer's guide, possibly contained in the lapack-3.1.1 archive. It'll tell you basically what I'm telling you.

As a prerequisite, you should select a good version of make. I use the mingw version (http://www.mingw.org). Following this, success depends on mangling the various makefiles and the make.inc (templates in the INSTALL directory).

With this done, Very Happy
first build the make and run the programs in the INSTALL directory. You may have to nobble ILAENV for it to give good results (testieee.exe).
Next, build the BLAS library. Source and makefile are in BLAS\SRC.
Next, build lapack itself. Source and makefile are in the SRC directory.

Finally, build the test suite. You can omit this, but lack of crashes here is reassuring. I couldn't possibly say if the answers are Wink. The test suite is in 3 parts. TESTING\MATGEN (builds a library), TESTING\LIN (builds linear algebra testers) and TESTING\EIG (eigenvalue stuff)
zwang82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pdf file lawn81 is for unix system. Are you sure it works on Windows?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: