forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Complier error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CompuPayMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Complier error Reply with quote

I am getting the following error on some of my files when I compile with FTN95 using the /ISO command line parameter.

*** Line contains the character '<HT>' which is not in the ISO standard
default set

This is always the first error listed and has no line number associated with it.

Since this is the first line in the error listing, I am assuming it is associated with the subroutine statement at the beginning of the file. My only concern is that none of the files have anything common in the paramenters that are being passed in.

Thank you.

Michael
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does not <HT> mean that a "Horizontal Tab" is in your source code file?

You may need to replace all tabs in your source code with the appropriate number of space characters instead.
CompuPayMike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: HORIZONTAL TAB Reply with quote

Does the fact that this is the first error listed and comes before an error on line 2 regarding the IMPLICIT statement mean that the tab character is on the first line.

I tried deleting the first line and retyping it. I recompiled and got the same error.
JohnHorspool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could you edit the file with an editor like pfe32 or equivalent and search for tab characters and remove them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: