forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vista - Not responding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanLambley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Vista - Not responding Reply with quote

I have a Clearwin window, with %ca, some buttons, a drop down combo box and some %`rs controls. On pressing a button, the callback processes all the files in the dropdown combo box, announcing by way of the %`rs controls how far it has got, i.e. which file it is processing and how many records were read from the previous file. In pre-Vista systems, the screen was updated as the processing proceeds, however, in Vista, the Caption is modified with "Not responding" being added. The fields are no longer updated despite the fact that the processing is continuing. At the start of processing, the buttons are greyed and at the end they are ungreyed. That bit still works. The whole process appears to take longer.

Any ideas?
Ian
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the code is short and can be posted then I will try it on my machine.
IanLambley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul, but the program is rather large.

By a quirk of fate, they are "upgrading" our computers at work to Vista from Windows 2000. I asked the upgrading chap and he said:
In Explorer, select the executable and right click for properties. Select the compatibility tab and switch on "Compatibility mode" I used XP SP2 as the mode, and it seems to run OK now. I'm not sure whether you have to do this after each compilation or not.
I hopes this helps and may also apply to Windows 7.
Regards

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: