forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Query about making a free graphics library DLL available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Query about making a free graphics library DLL available Reply with quote

Greetings Silverfrost,

Noticing that you offer the Simdem library on your website, I would like to inquire what is involved in making the (free) Quickie3D(TM) graphics library similarly available? Toward this end, please see the website (www.quickie3d.org). The subroutines are notably easy to use and geared toward large-scale computer simulations (molecular dynamics, dissipative particle dynamics, kinetic theory, etc.). Compared to Simdem, Quickie3D(TM) appears more suitable for generating frames for scientific and physics-based animations.

With many thanks for your consideration I remain,

Sincerely yours,
Ludwig Nitsche

PS: I have emailed a message to the same effect to the Silverfrost contact email addresses, viz. ftn95@silverfrost.com and
general@silverfrost.com. That email contains the Quickie3D(TM) manual as a PDF attachment.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suppose i need to plot this

or this

or dynamic (moving) objects

and rotate it with the mouse.
How your whole program will look like?
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this my post 13 years ago.
No single new OpenGL Fortran user appeared in this forum since then (actually in 25 years) despite literally revolution in 3D scientific visualization and availability of orders of more powerful 3D hardware. Un-be-lievable...
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In principle, I'm interested.

As far as OpenGL is concerned, I have looked in vain for a comprehensible guide, but can't find one. Dan, how about writing one?

Eddie
wahorger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanRRight, I've looked into OpenGL as well. BTW, your examples are impressive!

I did some experimenting and asked a few questions here (2018, and you were helpful) and on other forums (that have MANY OpenGL users). I've also read every posting here about OpenGL on this forum, looking for insights that can be applied to my particular issue(s).

I also went through online tutorials that were so very simple, they failed to educate me. I learn by doing/failing/trying-again, so an example should (for my simple brain) not only show me what to do, but explain the mathematical basis behind why one does it this way. I can carry that kind of information forward.

While my use of OpenGL is not abandoned, it is a back-burner project. That said, I do like a challenge!

Bill
DanRRight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately i have absolutely no time for anything right now. But would be great to create simple guide to OpenGL in Clearwin+. Set of 30 small but attractive demo examples from simple to complex with videos each for a minute or less. And the final icing on a cake must be developed some tools and infrastructure competing in simplicity and ease to use with MATLAB when you just add few lines of code into your Fortran code and 3D picture is there like a magic. The designer's mode in %PL is another good example for that.

The clip library has to be there too (nice feature of Notetab) so that if you need some functionality, you just take specific piece of ready source code for that and insert it into you program.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But for sure i will never find time for all that ... Crying or Very sad

If anyone feel capable of doing that you are welcome to start. This compiler is best fit for that
wahorger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neo, that website address does not work. There is no DNS entry for quickie3d.org.

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: