forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stereo display using NVIDIA FX 1400 / 4600 under Windows 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norm.Campbell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: stereo display using NVIDIA FX 1400 / 4600 under Windows 7 Reply with quote

I've developed some Fortran code which calls OpenGL code to display multibeam backscatter data draped over a 3D image of the seabottom multibeam depth data, in stereo, and am using NuVision glasses and a 19in CRT.

I recently upgraded to a Quad Core machine running under Windows 7, and plan to get a high-end stereo-enabled graphics card and a Samsung 3D monitor once I know for sure which card(s) work.

In the short-term, I decided to stay with the CRT and an NVIDIA FX 1400, since it is stereo-enabled and comes with a 3-pin plug for the IR emitter.

To date, I haven't been able to get the FX 1400 to display in stereo under Windows 7. The display interface for the stereo card just doesn't seem to have the same OpenGL options as I'm used to seeing under XP.

Three questions.

Has anyone succeeded in getting an FX 1400 to display in stereo under 64-bit Windows 7 using NuVision (or NVIDIA) stereo glasses?

Has anyone succeeded in getting an FX 4600 to display in stereo under 64-bit Windows 7 using NuVision (or NVIDIA) stereo glasses?

Has anyone succeeded in getting any NVIDIA Quadro board to display in stereo under 64-bit Windows 7 on a Samsung 2233Z or similar 3D monitor?

Norm Campbell
Peter Bladon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer your query (4 years too late perhaps)

Yes I have got Nvidia stereo working on Windows XP
The hardware is:
Screen Samsung SyncMaster 2233 Rz 22 inch, 1680 x 1050
Graphics Card nVidia FX 3800

The Computer is a BOXX system based on a SUPERO X7DWA-N mother board. (Rebadged SGI)> Using system discs mounter in carriers, I am able to change OS to Windows Vista, 7 an 8.

Currently running Windows 7

The on crucial factor is the version of OpenGL32.DLL. The only one that works is one that is sized 1016 KBytes that I think came with Vista. This DLL is comtained in the foleder that holds the executable version of the Fortran90 program.

If you want further info or wish to talk, my email is cbas25@strath.ac.ukl,
and my phone is 0141-776-7712

Peter Bladon
Glasgow G66 4HX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: