forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ill conceived website behaviour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucebowler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: ill conceived website behaviour Reply with quote

I find the following behaviour very ill-conceived and a "bug". Of course I could be the only one who sees this.

Imagine the following scenario.

1) start firefox.
2) goto forums.silverfrost.com
3) log in, checking the local equivalent of "remember me for all time" and let firefox remember your username and password.
4) notice that there are new messages in some of the fora.
5) hit the "reload current page" button on the FF toolbar.
6) notice there are no longer new messages.

Messages should not be marked as read unless the user reads them or explicitly hits the "mark all as read" button. A reload should not mark things as read.

Just my $0.02
Bruce
sparge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that too. I also get this: messages that are new (I know this because they have today's date on the first time I visit the site that day), but the subforum is not marked as containing new messages, when I first load the page. But only at home (I think, or at any rate more commonly at home), where I use Firefox, and not at work where I (have to) use IE. So it does seem to be to do with the browser not the site.

(edit) ... and then I reload, like just now after posting v1 of this, and all the unread flags are waving. So it's almost exactly the reverse of what you see.
jjgermis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed some strange behaviour but never got into the detail. However, the situation that Andy described is simular what I (seem) to experience as well. I also (have to) use IE at work but use Firefox at home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: