forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing and using FTN95

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Lott

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Installing and using FTN95 Reply with quote

I have to installation files

One is a full install and the other is an upgrade. When I install the upgrade it uninstalls part of the full install ?

On a 64 bit XP machine with VS2005 and Intel Fortran, the examples would not run.

On a 32 bit XP machine with VS2008 and NO other fortan installed, We get a "PACKAGE ERROR" when trying to open an example in the IDE.

Any help would be apreciated

My eMail address is john.t.lott@usace.army.mil
Robert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem you are experiencing with VS2008 is a known problem with our plug-in. For some reason some of the DLLs that Microsoft’s SDK libraries reference are not always installed with VS2008 – hence the problem you see. There are a couple of solutions:

1. Download the plug-in with the DLL packaged within. This is at: http://www.ftn95.co.uk/ftn95/FTN95_VS_PLUGIN_2008.msi This contains the correct runtimes. To install this plug-in you will need to install the full build of 5.40, uninstall the FTN95 for Visual Studio 2008 plug-in from add/remove programs and then use the MSI above.
2. We have repackaged the full compiler and it can be downloaded from your download account. This was updated on 1 November which by an unfortunate coincidence was just after you had downloaded the package without these run-time files.

I am not sure about the issue with VS2005 and Intel Fortran. However, no two plug-ins can share a file extension (like .for, .f95, .f90) within Visual Studio. Visual Studio decides which plug-in to invoke based on file extension.

The full install should be used to install onto a new system. The update can be used to bring an update an existing installation of FTN95. When you install an update it will first uninstall the installed version (which makes sense but confuses people).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: