forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SimplePlot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: SimplePlot Reply with quote

I know that Simpleplot guy is not supporting it anymore. I complain for this charts defects at least 10 years, when it was still supported but its author not done anything. Is it possible to fix damn obvious Simpleplot defects anyhow? In general the idea of using Simpleplot in Clearwin+ is not bad, it is convenient sometimes. If improve the look and feel and quality of graphs that would be even great idea.

Right now though it places X and Y labels shifted so that it is hard to comprehend the graph. It has wrong title font. And the general plot positioning is bad with huge empty left and bottom fields.

I can post an example how badly Simpleplot graphs may look sometimes and how badly it was tuned. Hopefully the author is still alive
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are happy to include the SimplePlot dll in our release but we do not have the source code. As far as I know the source code is not available for editing.
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

I guess that the Simpleplot dll continues to be included so that upgrading to a later version of FTN95 doesn't "break" existing code. It might have been pretty good with an early version of windows and 16-colour 640x480 VGA (or worse). The SIMDEM stuff looks rather more up to date, and it comes with source code.

You can always program the graphing functions yourself - I do! This guarantees that when the labelling is in the wrong place, you have no-one to blame but yourself ...

Eddie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: