forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silverfrost FTN95 Express Edition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Silverfrost FTN95 Express Edition. Reply with quote

I installed The FTN95 Express Edition on my home pc. I realise this uses the Isolated Mode version of the Microsoft Visual Studio Shell. This worked fine - no better than that, it is great.

However, when I subsequently tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition (which uses the Integrated mode of the Visual studio Shell), I couldn't because the Microsoft products use the SP1 version of the shell. The installation just stops with an error message (all programs must use the same shell, whether isolated or integrated).

I have "fixed" this by upgrading my copy of the Isolated Mode version of the shell to SP1. As far as I know, FTN95 Express Edition still works ok I have not found any problems yet), and I have now been able to install the Visual C++ Express Edition.

My questions:

(1) Do the Silverfrost people know about this incompatibility?
(2) Is it ok for me to use FTN95 with version SP1 of the shell?

If the answer is yes, then perhaps you could upgrade the download package to use SP1 (?).

Thanks.

David.
Andrew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Thanks for letting us know about this. I had assumed that when an SP1 shell was installed over a pre-SP1 shell that an update would automatically be performed.

We will get the download package updated (the SP1 shell is also about 200MB smaller, which is great), but you should encounter no problems with running Express with the upgraded shell you have now.
davidb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Andrew.

Thanks for confirming I'm ok with SP1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: