forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stfark1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Project Files Reply with quote

I have a fortran project that has all of the source routines in a particular folder. I share the programs on my laptop and my desktop computers. The project files are different on each computer but I assume that they both access the routines from the same folder name on each computer. When I execute the Plato system and open up the project on my laptop computer. I have to update the routines as I debug. I then copy the folder with my source files to my desktop, access the Plato system on the desktop and open the project on the desktop. The changes to the source routines in my folder that I copied do not appear in the projce file on my desktop computer. Does the Plato system keep the run time modules that existed before the changes and not activate the new, changed files from the copied folder? If so, do I need to re-build or build or clear before execution or what? sid Kraft
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to copy the project folder and all its sub-folders if you want avoid recompiling etc.

If the path to the project folder is different on the two machines then you need to ensure that the project data file (*.ftn95p) contains relative paths for the files as in the following example:
Code:
"Files"
{
    "numbers.f95"
    {
    "ProjRelPath" = "T"
    "CustomCompilerOptions" = "0"
    "CustomSwitches" = ""
    "ExcludeFromBuild" = "F"
    "FileGUID" = ""
    }
}

You should also look through the whole of the project data file to see if other items are different on the two machines (e.g. references).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Plato All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: