forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get cursor position in openGL screen ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnCampbell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I still use my own pixel depth colour routine for hidden line removal, rather than OpenGL. I've adapted it to a virtual screen, 4000x3000 resolution for improved clarity of dumps to .pcx files and it runs at about 10 frames per second. My input are flat(ish) well behaved polygons, where every node of the polygon has (x,y,z,c) C represents a colour range value for a pre-defined spectrum.
To draw the pixel result to the screen, I scan each line of the colour array, drawing lines where the colour is the same.
While OpenGL is be far better for displaying curved surfaces, my crude approach works well for flat faces.
I've overcome the walk-thru problem by using a small porthole, with much faster refresh rates.

I still retain a lot of the plot-10 functionality, and it's hard to let go of code that gives a lot of flexibility.
I find a lot of the superier OpenGL style graphical displays often comprimise good looks for accuracy, especially where result "smoothing" takes place.

John
LitusSaxonicum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

I made the assumption that you were university based like me, and thus had access to a huge library with "inter-library loans" on demand - which is why I posted the ISBN.

Send me a private message with your postal address - I'm in the UK, so it may take a week or two to arrive in the US. You can let me have it back when you are finished with it.

Eddie
DanRRight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Eddie, for offered help, I will try to find advice on the net first, then if the book is available here, and if fail, then may be will ask you to send the book...
PaulLaidler
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the functions in windf95.ins have been transcribed for you in win32api.ins and similar include files containing STDCALL declarations.

There appear to be some omissions and I do not know if they are deliberate or accidental.

I take the point about the lack of examples. All we need is some benefactor to send us a pile of money so we can pay people to do the work.
DanRRight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) How about outsorcing this job, Paul ? If this still is not financially possible then

2) Ask users of compiler to make a 2-3 most interesting additions to the library of "Users Examples and Snippets", which could be published as is, with no warranties in all next releases expanding it with time. Future users of these examples of course can email to the authors their questions, bug reports and suggestions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> ClearWin+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: