forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index forums.silverfrost.com
Welcome to the Silverfrost forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie Intro to Fortran

Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robotuner

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Newbie Intro to Fortran Reply with quote

Hello! I'm new to fortran, I generally develop in c#. I have a need/desire to compile some old Lahey Fortran 90 code in an environment where I can figure out what it is doing, which is hopefully the .net environment.

The process I have followed is to install FTN95, create a new fortran.net application then add the existing fortran include and source files to the Include Files and Source Files directories.

Not knowing what to do with the exclude.lis, Makelib.lis, WDM.DEP and WDM.OLI files I just placed them in the root project directory.

What I am trying to determine is if the old fortran code can be compiled correctly.

My current problem is that when I build the app, I get the error message: Include File "..." cannot be opened. The path is correct, can any tell me what could be wrong?

Thanks
Robotuner.
Andrew

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The root project directory for Visual Studio projects is where the project file resides (the .ftn95p file). If there is no explicit path specifed then the compiler will expect to find them there. Other locations that are searched are the directory (or directories) that are specified in the F95INCLUDE environment variable or any paths you have added in the project include settings (Compiler Options -> Source -> Specify INCLUDE paths in the project settings)

Note you can still also add the files to the project so you can edit them inside VS, by selecting 'All files' in the dialog filter. Adding include files to the project does not however tell the compiler where to look for them - you need to have set this up as above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    forums.silverfrost.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: